Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Holidays

I unfortunetly did not get christmas cards out this year...i tried, i really did, but of all the self-portraits we took of our selves for cards last minute consisted of Preston chewing the crap out of his hands, and Chase wearing a dread-locked Bob Marley shirt which i wasn't so much a fan of for christmas cards. so...this will suffice.

We have had a fabulous 2010 and we have been so blessed. Chase has been a busy busy boy working so hard up on the mountain this fall, and had a great, successful year. He has proven to be the greatest daddy to sweet Preston. He far surpassed my expectations, i knew he would be a great dad...but i mean, he is really really good...He loves his little boy, and they have a special little bond that is so precious. Preston & I are so grateful for Chase and all the hardwork he does for our family, and his positive attitude through it all. I, am now the lucky little lady who gets to stay home and play all day with my adorable little Preston. I cannot think of anything better or more worthwhile than to be watching Preston grow and learn each day. I just finished my last class yesterday for school and now just need to apply for graduation and i am DONE. It feels so good to be done! I miss my sister dearly in the far-far-away land of Brazil, and it has been a great challenge for me not having her here all the time, especially since i now have a child and i look up to her as a mother in so many ways. And now, to the greatest thing that has happened in 2010...sweet little PRESTON SCOTT JONES made his arrival on August 6th, weighing 8 lbs. 1 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long. He hasn't stop growing since, and every day we are amazed and the things he learns and how much he changes. We never in a million years imagined how wonderful it would be to have a little babe, but it is without a doubt the most amazing blessing in our lives. If Preston had a kiss-counter on his face, i'm sure it would read 1,875, 549 (or something like that). He is such a joy. We are so excited for what this next year will bring us, and we hope you have a great holiday season and new year as well.

(couldn't decide which one i liked better..chase felt a little sad to not show up on the christmas blog-post, but he got over it.)

Merry Christmas

6 comments:

Becky Lewis said...

Merry Christmas to all of you!

melissa said...

oh my heck. those two pictures could be the cutest thing since my online christmas card.. kidding, but seriously adorable. i can not wait to hog that little guy all to myself and you hog ave- fair trade for a few days i'd say. love you.

Maren Ericson said...

Oh Meagles...that is sooo cute. Preston is adorable and you are looking great as well. So happy to check up on your blog to see that everything is going well for you. Miss you dearly.

Lauren Tatton said...

So cute cant wait to see him! I love that you put all that he is doing so I get to read about it becaus I dont get to see it all!
:( Merry Christmas

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

He is darling! Gets me excited for a little man. Merry Christmas!

Sammy said...

love those pictures! oh i can't wait to see you guys next week! I will die if we don't work something out. you look beautiful and preston is looking more and more like you i think! so cute. call me we need to figure out what we're doing!