Saturday, April 19, 2008

My First 5K!

Today, my sis-in-law, Sharee, and i ran in our first 5K race!...It was fun to get out and enjoy the beautiful morning by running a few miles. The race was a fundraiser for Primary Children's Hospital, and it was neat to see so many people out to raise money for a good cause!

This is the group of friends that ran the race with us! Eric and Andrea (on the end) went to CEU with me, and now we go to school together at Weber, so it was fun to have them run with us too! Yeah for all of us for completing our first race! GOOD JOB GUYS!

Here is me getting my medal. I won first place in my age division (15-24)...so i was pretty excited about that! The race ended up being 3 1/2 miles, and i ran it in 27.29 minutes. I think all my adrenaline and energy got me to the end. I Guess thats enough motivation to keep running, and get ready for the next race!! It ended up being a great experience for my first 5K!! Thanks Shar and Beans for running with me!

14 comments:

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

Hey! It's Whitney (Funk) Giles. I found your blog off Summers. Its fun to see what you are up to! Mine is blocked, but if you want to see it just e-mail me and I can add you to it. cw-giles@hotmail.com

linzy said...

Congrats Meagy!!! You are so beautiful!

Paige said...

I am so glad I didn't end up running with you because you have had to carry me across the finish line! Good job on taking first..you amaze me!

Sharee said...

Thanks Meag for getting me out there. I had a great time. You are the best...Luv ya

Linsey Allen said...

Way to go Meag!! That is so awesome! I would have come in dead last, no kidding. Good job that is so fun!!

Jana Sorensen said...

Great Job! That's another thing that I am excited about. I can tag along running with you. I am so so so out of shape right now, but trying, so I can't wait to be able to have a running partner! Yeah! :) Way to go too, YOu rock!

Clint and Meg said...

Good job Meag! I'm so jelous. I really want to start running. I need someone like you around to motivate me. Way to go!

Andrea and Eric said...

Great job Meag! You are really, really good at running and winning first place, I was proud to say you were my friend! Maybe you could let me wear the first place medallion sometime??

Heather Favre said...

i ran a 5K once. i won of course... i did it in 27.25.. so... im just saying maybe you should've thought about those extra seconds.

KIDDING! im so proud of you

Unknown said...

Hey Meag. Wow 5K...good job sista.

melissa said...

please just come to provo right now my skinny,5K winning sista..i miss you!!!

Kelsey said...

wow...that's awesome! i know i could never run for that long.

Chase, Amy, and Carter said...

Way to Go Meagan! That is quite the feat! I've really wanted to run a 5k, but I am not excited about all the pre-training. I really need to though. That's awesome that you took 1st. I am not surprised! I hope all is well!

Jana Sorensen said...

Meag so I don't know if you ahve the same e-mail address or not, but I am planning a litlte get together with some of the old Freshmen CEU day's and want you and LIs to come along but you never answer my e-mails. So, write me back if you did get it, just so I know that you know you're invited and everything? Does that make any sense? OH well. love you