Friday, May 2, 2008

Women's Conference Weekend!

I had such a SpLenDid weekend with my cute sister, sister-in-laws and mother-in-law at the BYU Women's Conference. We all went to some amazing classes, and learned some gReAt things. It was so much fun to be able to spend time with all of them, and i'm super happy that Lis was able to come with us, and that i was able to spend time with everyone! I'm totally going to show way too many pictures, but i'd rather not miss out on anything fun that went on!!

Here we are waiting before one of our classes, I loved this class, it was called: "Cherish This Role That is So Uniquely Yours: Parenting for Young Mothers." It really was a great class, but no, don't get any ideas, i'm not about to be a young mother yet...but it did teach great lessons on PaTieNcE and balancing life. I serioulsy LOVED all of the classes!



....out for pedicures

We all went and got pedicures Thursday night after dinner and classes, It was quite relaxing, as we sat in our massaging chairs, read our magazines, and enjoyed our pedicures! Check our our cute toes!

...and of course we went out for Cold Stone Ice Cream, Kathy had never tried it so we figured we'd better show her a little bit of heaven on earth...cold stone is amazing! It's pretty much a must-have favorite dessert!
We stayed up and played Phase 10 until 1:00 in the morning, it was pretty hard for us to get through one phase without having to stop for 10 minutes during our phase because some random topic came up. I LOVE girls nights, with the outbursts of laughter, deep conversations, and silly girls staying up way too late to act normal. We were pretty much pooped out by the end of day 1! But loved every second of it!

Lis and I met Sister Dalton (the General Young Women's President) quite a few years ago when we were in young womens, we've ran into her a few times since then, and it was so fun running into her here at the Women's Conference. She remembered us, so we snapped a quick pic. She is seriously the sweetest thing!


The closing speaker was President Monson, and it was so awesome to feel the spirit that he brings with him. The room was silent as he walked into the Marriot Center, and then randomly someone started singing "We Thank Thee O' God For A Prophet," i'm seriously suprised any of us were able to sing the words as we were all fighting back the tears. Anyhow, it was a wonderful weekend, i was spiritually fed, and loved spending time with my family!

10 comments:

melissa said...

yeah..great post!!! i'm so glad that i came with you and your cute family.. had a great time and miss you already!! love you!

Sharee said...

You captured it all. We did have a great time, and I am soo happy that Lis came. She is an amazing girl just like you. Thank for the fun and great pictures. luv ya

Our Fun Times said...

Wow, it sounds like it was amazing! Gotta love those days out with the girls! Plus, to hear the prophet as well...lucky! I got chills when you mentioned that Monson spoke and someone started singing that song. :) I'm glad you had a good one! See ya Vevs

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

How fun I have always wanted to go to that! You and your sister are too cute!

Heather Favre said...

not that i can relate... but i just love you anyways. see you tonight darling!

linzy said...

So Fun Meag!! I am glad you had a good weekend! :) We need to get together...

Jana Sorensen said...

Meag,
First, Your blog is so cute. I love it. Second, how lucky! That sounds like such a fun time. You and lis are so cute. I hope that I can tell you apart when I see you both next:) ha ha I don't really know when we are planning on moving to Idaho. I think the very first of August, but we need to go up there soon to find a place to live before I start freaking out. What about you guys?

Paige said...

What a fun girls trip! You married into a really great family.

I really like your new background. I've been wanting to change mine and make a cute header with just a plain background but I can't figure out how to shrink it down like yours. You'll have to show me sometime. :)

{our missionaries} said...

Meag- Jill told me about your sight. I think you are darling. Can't wait to see you at your mom's for mother's day. Amy has always wanted me to go with her to Woman's Conference. Maybe one of these years I'll make it. Lots of Love

{our missionaries} said...

Okay weird it shows up jill's sister. That's what I use when I am on a scrap book sight. Oh well