Saturday, May 10, 2008

Lessons Learned...

How wonderful are mothers, seriously. I know mine is simply amazing. I will be forever grateful for all the many lessons she has taught me throughout my life, and for the lessons i continue to learn each day from her. I feel so lucky to have a close relationship with my madre...and i just love her so much for everything she does for me.





Here are just a few lessons learned from her (plus a few great traits i wish to oneday have...)



1. cleanliness: (this is certainly one that i still need some work on,) My moms cleaninless makes coming home to visit so welcoming...it is so nice to always come home to a clean, organized home. And the way she keeps her cars all so clean, everytime i clean mine...i think of my mom and know she would be proud (if only it were a constant clean...)I just know that because she keeps our home clean, there is always a feeling of peace and happiness, instead of cluttered and confused!



2. Service: My Mom has served in many church callings, and i have loved watching her eagerness, and willingness to serve all those around her. She certainly goes above and beyond the call of duty, and i know that she blesses so many others lives because of her loving service.



3. Patience: My mom married a farmer, and very rarely do farmers run on time, i've learned from my mother that there are two options to this situation....get mad because they run late, or learn to deal with it, cuz chances are it won't change for the rest of your lives...it not really worth freaking out over.....She usually chooses the patient route.... And then I married an elk rancher, and the situation remains the same. So i'm grateful to have been able to watch my mom and her patience with my dad while growing up, it helps me...even though I haven't tackled this trait quite yet, maybe one day, right.



4. A love for the Gospel: I have great respect for my mom and her dedication to always learn and grow in the gospel. I love that she reads her scriptures everyday, goes to the Temple often, has and endless amount of Christlike attributes, and has a strong and steady testimony. She is a rock in the Gospel, and has set a great example for our family to learn from.




Seriously, i have a never-ending list of qualities that i admire in my mother, and many many lessons that she whole-heartedly attempts to teach me...My list could go on and on, but these are just a few. I'd say she does pretty darn good training us FIVE girls to be as wonderful as she is one day.... That doesn't seem like any simple task to me!



Thank you MOM for EVERYTHING you do for me, you are a wonderful, supportive, caring, and FUN Mom, and i'm so glad your mine. Hope you have a Happy Mothers Day Mom. I sure do love you!

4 comments:

Jana Sorensen said...

HAppy Mother's Day Meagan and Melissa's mom. I don't really know her but she raised some of the greatest girls that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and being friends with! So thank you for them:)

Sammy said...

How nice! thats cute, hope you had a wonderful mothers day! Call us!

Sharee said...

You are right-o. She is one amazing lady and you are one lucky girl to have a mom like her. I am happy that I have gotten to know her a tiny bit and look forward to getting to know her better throughout our lives.

linzy said...

I have to add to your post by saying that I think your mom is AMAZING as well! I remember when I was in YW and she came with the stake and they talked about the power of hymns and how we should really pay attention to the words we are singing. I will NEVER forget the spirit she brought. And, that was when I learned she was Cory's mom!! ;) You are going to make a great mom one day too, Meag!! :)