Monday, June 1, 2009

23 Years Ago.....

(June 2nd)
I Met my BEST FRIEND for the first time.
I was born 7 minutes before her, much to my Mothers suprise (who didn't know
she was even having twins)...But she handled it well.
I have been blessed with a best friend since day 1.
I've been LUCKY, really really LUCKY.
I know my husband is supposed to be my better half, and he is...but i think that i have 2 better halves...and Lis is that other half that completes me. She really does though....she can easily complete my sentances, knows what i'm thinking most of time, hurts when i do, and has been through everything with me. When she got married, we said it was like we were getting a divorce, because we literally shared EVERYTHING, and had to split it up..... bank account, clothing, shoes...seriously everything. Really though, how many people can say they have had a best friend since forever...i can. i like that. I especially like knowing that she'll be that best friend of mine....for forever. She's coming to spend the weekend with me...I've been giddy about it for 2 weeks now. Seriously lis....Its been a FREAKIN AWESOME 23 years with you! The ups and the downs. I hope you have a GREAT Birthday. I get ridiculously happy looking through pictures and seeing all the great times we've had together. And these aren't even a fraction of what we've had. You are so amazing, really you are. I can't imagine spending the last 23 years without you by my side.
A big shout out to the parents for making that possible.

I LOVE YOU A WHOLE LOT.....

(and we were seriously cute kids....well maybe just babies....should have skipped those adolescent years...those were not so cute. but they sure were fun with you by my side.)
*Especially thanks for sharing those incredibly LARGE bangs with me....glad we didn't miss out on that one!
HAVE A FABULOUS 23RD BIRTHDAY!
i LOVE you SISTER.

16 comments:

Sammy said...

Happy Birthday! you guys are so beautiful, that really would be so fun to have a twin, I always wanted one! Hope you both had a great day.

melissa said...

duh..that was like the greatest post ever!! thanks sister. i freakin love you too!! you really didnt have to go with the adolescent pictures though..really thought, you shouldnt have. anyways, i cant wait to come spend like three days with you. see you wednesday! loves

Joe'n'Jess said...

you two are so adorable. I hope that my boys love and appreciate each other the way you two do. happy birthday to you both.

Paige said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! So sorry I didn't call you. I didn't even know it was your birthday yesterday! I'm a bad friend. K, I so want a twin now! That sounds awesome. You two are both so gorgeous! I hope you had a great day.

Heather Favre said...

ha ha ha your adolescent pictures are priceless!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! this was so sweet

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Happy Birthday Meag! Hope it's wonderful, cute pictures of you girls!

Chad & Tiff said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY!!!!!!I already told you this but I wanted to again.

Lauren Tatton said...

Happy Birthday 2 you both! Im so glad that you are a part of my family! I think you were beautiful all of the years!

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday! I loved the growing-up picks! I can't believe your mom didn't know she was having twins...such a fun surprise!
Love, rebekah

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

I love sisters...so I bet having a twin would be a blast! Happy B-day!!

Mike, Amber and Camden said...

What a cute post! You guys are the cutest twins ever! Happy Birthday! Hope its been a good one!! Hopefully we will see ya soon! (sooner than its usually been, our house sold!) We are moving up to LOgan the end of June!! Yeah :)love Amber

Jana Sorensen said...

Yeah, Happy Birthday you guys! That was an awesome post Meag! Oh and did you know that on the majority of your pictures your always on teh right side and LIs is always on the left? Maybe I am wrong but that is just something funny. I am excited to MAYBE see you running in a few weeks! You're going to be Awesome..along with Melissa:) That is so fun. Who else is running it with you?

Becky Lewis said...

That was an incredible post...I loved it.

Tiffany Noyes said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love it, and the pictures are so stinkin cute of you two. Happy Birthday! and hope things are going good.

Chris and Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Meag. You guys are both so cute.

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

So do I just love you two or what?? I think so! I'm glad I was able to see at least los on your birthday, but I wish you could have come! :( anyway, I hop you had a happy birthday! Love the post...and love you!