Monday, July 26, 2010

busy busy busy....

the last few weeks have felt like a whirlwind of events. Its been a fun summer and its wierd to think its almost over...1.5 weeks left till this little babe is supposed to make his arrival...please bless its no longer than that. however, i still feel amazingly well, so i can't really complain. I went to girls camp last week for a few days...the first day i thought i would attempt a hike to see if i could get anything going....but no, 8 miles later and i felt just as great as ever...went to the doc tuesday following and she said i was at a "good 1" so maybe a little somethin somethin did happen. she also asked me if i wanted to be induced next week....hmmm, so tempting but no thanks. ask me again next week and we'll see! This morning at exercise class i thought i just might shimmy that babe right on out, we were doing a little too much jumping up and down and running around the gym.....i might retire from exercise class for the last week of this pregnancy and just walk...but we'll see...maybe not.

I've been kinda busy making a few wedding cakes this summer, i wish my sis were here to help me out with them, but i've managed, and have had a few wonderful helpers along the way....

(my friends sister Ashley MacKay took the beautiful pictures which make them look much better than thay actually are---except for the "U" one which is in my kitchen)


I had a baby shower here in firth, and recieved so many wonderful things....no pictures from the shower, except i did take a pic of this beautiful and adorable quilt that my dear friend Des made for me, i can't wait to show you how cute it looks in baby j's room, but its stunning and i am so in love with it. i feel bad that the picture does not do it justice, but trust me....



anyways...i keep hoping my next post will be that our sweet little bundle has arrived....and it probably will be since i'm pretty terrible at posting regularly...but until then....we just keep waiting.

7 comments:

melissa said...

did you know that you're cute pregnant. real cute and i wish i was there to help.. only one. more. month. love you

Pierce Family said...

You always make beautiful cakes! Glad you are feeling SOO good with your pregnancy. I would have jumped on the chance of being induced. =) Good luck!

Sammy said...

yay! meag i can't believe he should be here in just 1.5 weeks! seriously i'm so excited, I can't wait to see his sweet face, you kill me 8 mile hike later. wow! you seriously are amazing, way to go. can't wait to see pictures of the nursery and of baby boy! That quilt is darling! love it and the cakes, wow so good! you are sure talented

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Good luck with everything when he decides to come!! You do look a little too cute pregnant :) And that quilt is way cute!

Chad & Tiff said...

Meag, those cakes are AMAZING!!!!! I had no idea that you made wedding cakes. I am so excited for your little one! Good Luck!

ThE KeNNeDy'S said...

Meags!You seriously look so much better then i ever did! You look amazing!! and you have such an amazing talet!!! You should show me how to make a cak eon eof these days!! I sure miss ya girly!!! Your a doll!

Whitney Ormsby said...

I feel like your pregnacy has FLoWN by!! You might have already annouced what your naming your little guy...have you decdied on a name? You look terrific!! Good luck!