Tuesday, April 12, 2011

54 degrees

I don't believe 54 degrees has ever felt as good as it has today. kind of sad right? but really, it's wonderful. Came at just the right time too, if it would have been cold, gray and UGLY again today i probably would have sunken into a deep depression or something of the sort. But, instead....Preston and I hit the pavement for our first jog of the season together. It was pretty fabulous....not the running (because that by all means, was hard...and a painful reminder that i need to get my bum in shape for this, this and this coming up this summer), but just the fact that we were able to step outside and see sunshine and not snow. Also we were able to test out our new stroller, and it passed. which i knew it would since i've been planning on getting this stroller since before i even wanted kids. (btw..It's a Phil & Teds stroller)
So, here is to more sunshine-filled days.
KEEP ON COMIN'!!!

5 comments:

Paige said...

we went on our first jog of the season too! when i saw jog, I mean walk, and when I say walk I mean crawl. :) I'm so out of shape it's sad. You need to give me some running tips. How to get started, how far to go at first and so on. I hate running and I need to learn to like it! I can't believe you're doing three races! you are AMAZING!!

Anonymous said...

the sunshine is so good! looks like an ambitious, fun summer! good luck!

Sammy said...

so fun! I agree today and yesterday (at least here) it was just beautiful, vi and i just got back from our walk to the mall ha ha, but we sure don't have a phil and teds! Oh so jealous. you are so inspiring! good luck in all your races and training!

ThE KeNNeDy'S said...

I want that stroller! I am going to try to do the Bear lake brawl this year with mike and y dad and a few other friends!! I miss u!!

Rebekah said...

Yes! I was also part of the 54 degree proudness and went outside with Brady, it felt SO good and rejuvinating. Winter gets WAY too long here! I love going on walks. We should meet at the Idaho Falls river sometime this summer and walk... when its warmer than 54 degrees maybe?? :)
love, Rebekah