Monday, September 26, 2011

crash, bang, boom!

yuck!!! looking at these pictures makes me literally sick. this last thursday i was headed up to my in-laws house to see chase and take him some stuff that he had forgotten at home and needed for work. I really didn't want to go anywhere that day because i feel like i have been gone so much....and i just wanted to stay home for a night, but when chase needed something, i decided to go. I drive the gravel road to my in-laws house quite often and although that doesn't make me like it more, i am not as scared driing on it as i used to be. We have had several problems with our tires on our Commander so i usually try to drive slow anyways to avoid any problems. This day was no different, infact, i was driving much slower than normal because Preston had just fallen asleep as i was driving up there and i wanted him to have a longer nap, so i was driving at a steady 20 mph. I could see a truck coming down the road in the opposite direction due to his cloud of dust that he was stirring up while driving, so i stayed clear on my side of the road and we passed each other, only to quickly see another truck following him way too closely in my opinion and not on his side of the road, and i did all i could to slow down more and pulled off as much as i could but it was too late, and he hit me head on!!!
I have never been in any sort of an accident before so i was quite shaken up and scared with the whole situation. When we hit, my airbags went off and then all i could hear was fluid rushing out of my car and that just made me real nervous, so i got out of our car, which my door was jammed slightly, and rushed around to get poor preston who was just scared with what had just happened. Thankfully he was asleep until the crash and then he woke up to the boom....It took him a while to calm down, i'm sure partly due to my level of emotion at the moment. Once i realized we were both ok, i told the other man involved (who was also ok) that i just needed to walk. so i took off down the road, mostly because i had no cell signal where the wreck occured. So i walked about 300 yards down the road till i could get any sort of signal, and even then it was touch and go...I got a call out to my mother in law, who was in Idaho Falls, and had her call someone to let them know what had happened. the biggest thing on my mind at this point was little princess inside my belly....and while i felt that everything was ok, i was really nervous and scared. It literally took an hour and 15 minutes from when the wreck happend for the cops to show up, thankfully there were no serious injuries or we would have been in trouble waiting and waiting up there. The officer wouldn't issue any citation because he said that there were no lines on the gravel road and no witnesses so its hard to tell where the collision occured. Plus the other man had moved his vehicle off the road from where the wreck happened so cars could get through, so therefore they couldn't tell exactly where the wreck took place. i am quite upset about this, because i feel so confindent that it was not my fault at all and he should have been issued a citation, but i guess we will deal with the card we're dealt.

Anyways, to wrap it up, car is totalled...still waiting on all the insurance business to go through. But Baby Girl, Preston and I are ok. I have been sore for the past few days, and i don't enjoy getting behind the wheel yet. Certainly won't be driving up on the gravel roads for a few days. but i feel blessed and lucky to be ok




8 comments:

Chad & Tiff said...

Oh my mesh! How scary so glad everyone is ok

Jana Sorensen said...

Meag,
UGH. I am so sorry! If you need a ride or need to borrow my car for anything, it's here:) I am so glad that everyone is okay.

Paige said...

oh meagan! I'm so sorry! How scary. I've been in my share of accidents and it's been so horrible being by myself. I can't imagine having Cash in the backseat AND being pregnant. I bet you were so scared. I'm so happy you are all okay. And what crap that the truck didn't get a citation! I'm sorry!

Sammy said...

So glad to hear that you are all ok! That is SO SCARY! And to know that you were going so slow and being extra careful, WOW I'm so sorry that is terrifying. So sorry about the accident, your car and scaring you and preston, so happy that you and baby girl are ok.

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

Oh wow! I'm so happy you are all ok. That is one of my biggest fears...being in an accident with my kids in the car. I'm glad you were able to keep it together. I'm mad they don't give that guy a citation too! Drive carefully on dirt roads you idiot! Ahhh! Love you girlie!

Lauren Tatton said...

I cried while reading this! Im glad you are okay!

Jake & Kris said...

oh meag i'm so glad you guys are ok, that is so scary! love ya

linzy said...

oh meag!! How scary! Glad you're okay!,!!!