Saturday, September 17, 2011

well.....



we are so excited to be having a little girl!!! i am totally shocked. Chase was sure all along that it was a girl, so much so that when i was like 9 weeks along he started praying for our baby girl. I thought it was for sure a boy. But nonetheless, we are thrilled. When we went in for our ultrasound, i just had the tech put the gender in an envelope and we were getting together later that day for lunch with family and thought we'd open it up together. My sister in law Lauren ordered cupcakes, half "its a boy" half "its a girl"...and right before we opened the envelope we passed around the cupcakes and everyone chose whether they thought it was a boy or a girl. Lauren and Chase were the only two who chose girl cupcakes....so i'm not the only one who thought boy! I love the tiny bit of my mother in law Kathy that you can see in this picture below, she really thought boy....look how suprised she looks. Oh dear, we are so happy, and i am now starting to feel slightly overwhelmed with all the girl stuff out there, and it is confirmed that boys and SOOO much easier to prepare for. I just this week came out and said that i am ready for two, or maybe not so much ready, but excited and think it will be good for preston to have a little sister.


This pregnancy continues to be the easiest thing on earth (knock on wood)....still no symptoms, I'll be the first to admit that it is weird to feel this way, but i certainly won't complain. Hopefully little angel face isn't being nice now so that she can act up later. due date did however get pushed back a bit, which i've been expecting since i've been measuring small, so she'll make her arrival sometime in the end of january. I'll take all the time i can get. I need to do some major training with big brother.


the day of our ultrasound, Preston literally woke up from his nap looking like a big boy, and not my baby anymore. Its sad a little bit. But again, very exciting.


8 comments:

Simpson Family said...

Oh that is so exciting! And the cupcakes are such a cute idea! I agree, after doing the boy thing for a year it seems nuts to shift to girl mode....but hey bring on the pink! Congrats again :)

Ben and Carrie said...

Congrats! Shopping for a girl will change your life. It's not more work- it's fun. :) if she dresses half as cute as you, she'll be adorable. Happy shopping! So excited for you and your family. Your little Preston is adorable and you sound like such a fun mom. Enjoy your time with just one child. More than one is amazing, but having an only child is so much fun. I can barely remember what that was like!

Rebekah said...

k, I have been the worst blogger ever! I didn't even know you were pregnant! BUt I have to tell you that you will LOVE having a little girl! I was just like you, I secretly was kinda hoping for another boy because they are SO easy! I kinda felt that having a girl and getting all those outfits and accessories would get old real fast, but that is not the case at all--it is SO fun! Its like dressing a doll, and they look so cute in all the different things! You will absolutely love having one of each gender, the difference is very apparant, and very fun. Seriously, a blast! Congrats! I am so happy for you! and yes, lets get together already!!! :)
love, Rebekah

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

yay! i'm so happy for you guys to be having a girl! I'm sure 1 of each will be lots of fun, but 2 of the same (boys for me) is so much fun too! Thanks for the text the other day! And, um, i've seen lis now...where are you?

Jana Sorensen said...

Yeah for little girls. Its' okay Meag, if anyone can handle the overwhelmingness its you. You are simply amazing. Great seeing you today, thanks for helping me be crafty. I love Kathy's face...I wish I could see all of it:) And Chase's face is CLASSIC. Love it!!!

Heather Favre said...

Congratulations! I wish you a [continued] easy pregnancy and a wonderful life with your CUTE CUTE son and soon to be CUTE CUTE daughter

Sharee said...

so happy and excited. You do need one a little more mellow. I can see why you were anxiuos about having 2 boys so close. Love you guys and can't wait for her arrival in January.

Sammy said...

so happy for you guys! Oh little girls are the best :) that is so exciting, you aren't even showing!you look great, what a fun way to find out. shoot for the 28th my birthday!