Thursday, August 18, 2011

my boys...

oh how i love my boys. they are mine and they are wonderful to me!!

Here is the look of my hubs that i get all-too-familiar with in the next few months. thats right, hunting season has begun, ready or not. unfortunetly there were a few things we didn't check off our summer to-do list, and now they become almost impossible to do. But despite the fact that we see much less of each other during this busy season, its still a good one. and chase enjoys it, so thats most important. Thankfully, my inlaws have built their new home quite close to the ranch so Preston and I have plans to move in with them one or two nights a week so that we don't miss daddy/hubs near as much. We are just grateful for a good job.
And as for this little boy of mine...we are going to enjoy this time with less-daddy and do some major bonding (were pretty tight as it is, but we could always use more) He isn't my baby anymore, and that makes me a little bit sad. However, he is giving into my constant plea for a snuggle, and occasionally he'll give in just a little, and i like that. Hopefully with age, he will realize just how important his momma is to him. We had his 1 year appointment this week, and just as expected the boy had taken a leap in the growth charts and has grown. He is 25 lbs (97%) and 31.5 inches tall (96%). He is a big boy, and still just happy and busy.
I feel like a pretty lucky lady to have these two in my life. They make me happier than i could ever imagine.

3 comments:

Sammy said...

oh he is just too cute! I love that little face. What a big boy, he's just so sweet! I can't believe it's already hunting season! Good luck, I can't imagine thats a long hard time but good that Jones's are close by :) and when do you find out what you are having?!

Rebekah said...

He looks so little in that chair:) I wish they would stay little forever!!! Yes! Please come up and lets get together, sounds SO fun!
love, Rebekah

ThE KeNNeDy'S said...

Meags I miss you lots!!! U look so good!! Ur little man is such a cutie!!! I love you!!