Wednesday, July 1, 2009

accomplished

Meet our team: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS.
young: some of us.....restless: all of us.
you would be too if you just ran 188 miles....
But we had so much fun together. Melissa described it very nicely on her blog, so if you want details, check it out here.
warning: Major picture overload. I can be very indecisive. enjoy.











I was so happy and impressed with everyone on our team. I was the captain of our team, and i worried the whole time that someone would drop out last minute, and leave me scramblin to find another runner, but they didn't....they all just trained their little butts off and did so so good.

My favorite leg of all was the one i ran at 2:30 in the morning. It was my 10 mile leg, and it was so nice to have the cool weather of the night, and also not being able to see ahead of me. It was wonderful because couldn't tell whether or not i had a big hill ahead of me or what was comin up.

My last leg however was hard. SO HARD! it was 3.6 miles uphill, straight uphill. I won't lie, i cried a little while i was running, mostly because i was in so much pain, but also because i had such an amazing team cheering me on. They were constantly refueling me with fluids and some got out and run up with me. Bless my sweet husbands heart, he did too, in his jeans and all. It was hard, but when i finished, i felt so accomplished. I was happy that i challenged myself, and completed it.

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Congratulations!!! I am seriously so amazed at you and your team for doing this. I can't imagine how hard but how rewarding that was. Congrats!!
love, Rebekah

melissa said...

yeah for wasatch back and yeah for you for having such a stinkin hard 3 legs and rockin it. loved it. love you. see you friday.

Sammy said...

WOW You are such an inspiration! that is such a great accomplishment, I love that you cried while running totally something I would do but i would've given up, you kept with it and made it! that is SO great. you are so amazing! Seriously that is the coolest thing ever, I would love to say that i'd strive to do it next year and would love to be on your team but I better not get myself into that! What I loved is that you loved running at 2:30 in the morning that just sounds crazy! ha ha but sooo awesome and I bet it left so great. Way to go!
We need to play soon. as always!

linzy said...

meag, you are an INSPIRATION to me!!! thanks! love ya!

Keenan said...

Wowzer! That last leg sounds like a rough one- way to go Meag!! Sounds like a fun race! You are awesome!

Keenan said...

(By the way, this is Britt, even though it says "Keenan") :)

Chris and Kristen said...

Congratulations! That is such an accomplishment.