Thursday, July 23, 2009

lots of green stuff

In the spring, when i was buying my seeds for our garden, i called and told my sisters that i was going to have "one hell of a garden this year." Then i realized that neither chase or i had ever grown a garden before, so it could be a trial and error process. But we have had nothing but success in our garden thus far. I am so impressed with chase and our garden, he babies it so much...and takes such good care of it. It certainly is not perfect and were already thinking about what we will do different next year in our garden, but we sure feel blessed to live in this beautiful place and have the opportunity to grow a big garden. and everything tastes so yummy and fresh. This year we planted lots and lots and lots of squash, cucumbers, tons of tomotoes, peppers, green beans, pototoes, brocolli, cabbage, peas, carrots, red beets, onion, and corn, and so far all have turned out great. we are happy gardeners.





Big ol' thanks to my amazing mother, for always growing such an amazing garden...i'm sure glad she is skilled in the field of gardening because i have turned to her for gardening advice many a times. thanks mom!

15 comments:

Paige said...

wow! that is on impressive garden. Good job you two! I can't wait for one day to have our own place to make our own and grow a garden. I bet you feel such a sense of accomplishment. :)

Sammy said...

That is sweet! How much fun i wish we had a big back yard where we could plant a garden, how fun.

Kip & Melissa said...

Wow, I am so impressed with your gardening skills! Let me tell you what my garden consists of.. crab grass and weeds.. haha some day hopefully I will have a garden that looks like yours! :)

linzy said...

how awesome! i know who to call when i am ready to plant our garden! ... you are an inspiration! ...

Lauren Tatton said...

It really is amazing! Good work!!!

Andrea and Eric said...

Wow! Way to go Meag! Is there anything you can't do?? You're amazing.

Becky Lewis said...

I am IMPRESSED! You guys are amazing. Good job!

Katie said...

Well look at your Mrs Green Thumb! That is awesome! I can't believe you have a garden that big! I am so jealous! BTW Did you get the house?

The Gracie Jones blog said...

I honestly can't wait to have my own garden someday. You guys have an amazing one for it being your first!! Nice work! I know who to call when I start one...

Unknown said...

wow, that looks so awesome. great job.

Rebekah said...

ok, that freaks me out that this is your garden...it looks like it should be in some professional greenhouse or something! Good Job to the both of you!
love, Rebekah

The Alspach's said...

I love that you have a garden thats so awesome! If i didn't have a 3 foot back yard I would totally have a garden! I miss you if you are ever down in Orem you should give me a call!

Chris and Kristen said...

WOW! That garden is amazing. That is definitely not a talent I have. I always manage to kill all of my plants. Fake is best at my house!

Keenan and Brittani Atwood said...

How fun, Meag!! I am super impressed at your gardening skills!

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

Meag, sad:(. I'm not going to be in Utah till the end of September. We are in Texas now again. I won't be at the alumni game...I'm so sad about that cuz I wanna go so badly!! I will make it there next year!!! Will you forgive me? I miss you!