Thursday, July 16, 2009

tough decisions

so awhile back i was offered the J.V volleyball coaching position this year at the high school...which i happily took. I loved coaching last year and i was excited to move up in the ranks this year.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, the head coach called me and told me that the budget was cut so they weren't going to be able to hire a Freshman coach, and that the J.V coach (me) had to coach both teams. AHHH! that doesn't sound fun.

So i've been thinking this week about how or if i could handle doing this while taking 20 credits for my last semester of college. could I? I would have to practice at 6 a.m. go to school all day, practice at 3 p.m., try to do homework, and possilby work a few hours inbetween. sound like pure STRESS to me.

So, after much contemplating, i decided that i would have to turn down the position. I'm pretty bummed about it. I know its for the best, and i'll probably do way better in school. But seriously,
tough decisions are not fun....at all.

6 comments:

Chris and Kristen said...

Bummer! I hate hard decisions, but they never get any easier, which sucks even more! That's a bummer you had to turn it down. You would have a made a fantastic couch! I wouldn't be surprised if are given another opportunity.

Lauren Tatton said...

OH! Im so sad! It will be worth it though! Done with school! You will be able to do it again!

Krissy said...

meag I am so sorry but you will probably not regret it. I hope that everything works out the best for you and you get super good grades....

Sammy said...

I HATE decisions like that! you are so good to turn down the position and not turn down school! ha ha wow 20 credits! you are so awesome, but you'll be done and it'll be SO WORTH IT! Way to go.

Rebekah said...

I hate decisions like that, but i think you made the right one... But i bet that was so fun coaching, i hope that i get to one day...
love, REbekah

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

When is the alumni game? Do u know? I hope I am back in time. I missed it last year but I totally want to do it again! I miss you too Meags!