Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wasatch Back 2011

Whoa, i think i might finally be recovered from The Wasatch Back last weekend. I ran on my aunts team and we had so much fun. Our team name was "Speedy Spuds"....and we were pretty speedy ;) actually, we placed 34 out of about 90 all womens teams!! We had a really fun group of girls in our car! We got approximately 2 hours of sleep in the 32 hours in took us to run the race. serious exhaustion. you'll notice the nasty/ridiculously hilarious "spud" outfits that we were given to wear....needless to say they didn't get too much wear out of our car. I didn't train quite as well as last year, but it was still fun and i did ok. my first leg was 3.4 miles UP the first part of SNOW BASIN road. killer butt workout! but i was very happy that no one passed me while running that leg. my second leg took place at about 2 a.m and was 5.5 miles, i love the night run. and my last killer leg was 7.7 miles DOWN DOWN DOWN into park city, i ran through Deer Valley resort and while it was much harder than expected to run straight down the mountain it was fun. On my last leg BYU Mens team passed me...they finished the race in 18 hours. that's ridiculous. anyways, it was oce again so much fun, and i can't wait till next year.
V





can you believe all the snow that was still there. brrr.

yeah for the speedy spuds


until next year.

4 comments:

Sammy said...

way to go! That is so awesome, I was actually quite peeved with the Ragnar this year (actually it seems to bother me every year, closing Avon so we have to go down to ogden ha ha) it woke me up at 4:30 AM! We slept with the window open and I heard an extremely loud speaker coming from somewhere in Logan. But looks like you had a great time. way to go! So fun and I love your shirts!

linzy said...

what a stallion you girls are!!! so jealous!

Katie said...

Yay!! You seriously look awesome!! It also looks like you had tons of fun! Good Job little lady.

Jana Sorensen said...

Check out those GUNS!!! Yeah for Ragnar!! I am so glad I got to see you even for a second. You totally rocked it. WE took a little longer than you, but it was still fun:) Can't wait for EPIC!!! You're seriously amazing!