Wednesday, October 12, 2011

my big boy

isn't he sweet? and grown up?

I told you so....once we found out we were having another little babe Preston decided that he better grow up quickly, and he is succeeding. Most days i love that he is turning into my little boy, but others i miss my baby. One thing i know for sure, is that i like him!!

Decided to write down some of my favorite things preston is currently doing for my memories sake:
-When he wants to sit on my lap, no matter how far apart in a room we are, Preston will turn around and walk backwards until his little bum finds my lap to sit on.

- His LOVE for the game of peek-a-boo. brings an instant smile to his face

- When he knows i am about to lay him down for a nap, he hurries and lays his head on my shoulder to snuggle. he must know i love his snuggles, and of course, i resist laying him down just to enjoy 10 seconds worth of a cuddle.

- How he loves to slam dunk the basketball on his little hoop. He's pretty good too.

- He brings me books to read to him all day long, but he NEVER sits still long enough to get past the 2nd page.

-The way he is beginning to understand. It amazes me. I can tell him to get his shoes and socks and he will then he'll sit on his bum so i can put them on. When i tell him that we are going to go outside, or change his diaper, or get in the tubby...He runs right to the location and waits for me. so cute.

-Beginning to say more words. I have heard him say many before but he's not so consistent yet: but ones that he can say are mama, dada, kitty, cow, down, duck and ball. Although he is not good at saying them on command, just when he wants to.

-He blows sweet kisses, and continues to give an abundance of kisses (especially to me)

- i weighed him yesterday just on our scale and he weighed in at 27 lbs (with his clothes on). but still, he's a chunker.
We continue to feel blessed and lucky to have this little guy in our lives.
and i doubt that feeling will ever change.

3 comments:

Sammy said...

oh he is so dang cute! I miss you guys, hopefully we can get together soon, especially if we are moving! He is so big! Isn't it fun to see them catching on to things? oh it's the best.
Jane is so beautiful! So exciting congrats to you and to trae and melissa! Love the name and she is just beautiful, I bet it's getting you really excited for your baby girl, seriously we need to meet at "suppose" soon!

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

you are too cute and it is so sad when you realize the little baby is growing up and then they all the sudden look like a big boy. Luckily chamberlain still looks like a baby to me (maybe that's cuz he doesn't really have hair). anyway, lis said she was going to come visitwhen little baby jane grows a little. i told her to bring you along :) but you guys can't wait too long. I'm moving to LA at the end of november! love you!

Rebekah said...

I can't believe how big he is! our boys have to get together. Just wait until your next one gets here, then he will seem even more advanced. I love those things you wrote about him, being a mom is the best, and it just melts the heart. They just get more and more fun. Brady is becoming quite the talker, the funnest stage yet, knowing what is inside that little head :) See you soon!! (real hopeful)
love, Rebekah