Tuesday, January 3, 2012

the festivities



We had a wonderful Christmas.
We spent Christmas eve and morning with my family and as usual it was wonderful. My parents brought our christmas gifts to us earlier in the week so that we wouldn't have to haul it all home, so it was a simple morning, but wonderful nonetheless. They gave Chase and I quite the loot of food storage, which might sound boring, but i find it quite awesome. My mom is the queen of food storage, and if i could be 1/100th like her, i'd be sitting pretty. so thanks m&d for getting us going in that direction. practical but perfect. plus my mom gave me a facial which i am dying to use, but think i will wait till after babies arrival to have a little r&r time while she watches my kids. They gave preston a new slide, which is currently his FAVORITE toy in the house. He spends most of the day either sliding down it, or jumping on top of it yelling my name so that i will watch him. I will have to post a video of him on it later. he seriously loves it. Thanks mom & dad. Sadly, i didn't get a single picture @ my parents house so all i've got is this one from rach. After church, we headed to the Jones to spend a few days with them...Do notice the 14ft Christmas tree that i decorated, it was quite the job, but i'd say it turned out quite nicely.
Preston enjoyed playing in the little red car patiently waiting to open presents...he's cute. and then, he opened his fun gifts from Grandma Kath & Papa Ru....he got a fun car track & a bike, which he quite enjoys as well. I had no ideas for preston this year, so i set the grandparents free, and they chose great gifts.The next few days following Christmas were spent playing in the snow & relaxing. Preston wouldn't keep gloves on his hands so he didn't love being put down in the snow but he loved being outside watching the other boys sled & play and riding with dad on the snowmobile.
And these next pictures might be my favorite. Most of the cousins were swimming in the pool @ Grandmas, but we had already taken preston earlier in the day, so we weren't going to take him again....well, he had different plans. We walked into the pool room to find Pres sitting nicely on the pool steps in all his clothes waiting for someone to come swimming with him. Don't worry there were adults in the pool, just not chase or i. To say preston loves that pool is quite the understatement, but i was so happy that he just sat there and didn't go any deeper than the steps.
Can't believe 2011 is over. it was a fabulous year...full of fun & surprises. and i can't wait for what this next year will bring.

2 comments:

Sammy said...

oh my preston is hilarious! He's like FINE! I will go swimming in my clothes then! ha ha too funny he is the cutest thing. Food storage is a GREAT gift! Seriously, erik's mom gave us some and i would've been happy to get more as our present and nothing else, it really is nice to stock up and i never know exactly how to go about it. It was so good to see you guys, hope all is well and can't wait to see the sweet baby!

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

ok so i'm sitting here reading your blog and Wyatt is sitting on my lap. He's looking at the pictures and sees the picture of preston opening a thomas bike thing (at least i think that's what it is). Anyway, I could hardly tell it was Thomas, but didn't say anything to Wyatt (he is OBSESSED!!!! with Thomas!). But it didn't matter that I didn't say anything. He saw it and said, "Wait mom! What is that?" I said "I don't know. what is it?" He goes "It's a Thomas thing! Let me look at it!". Then he sat right up on my lap and stuck his nose right into the computer to get a closer look. haha. He's funny. Anyway, looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! Miss you!