Wednesday, January 11, 2012

soak it up....


I have approximately 3 weeks before baby #2 arrives.
that being said, i have been trying to soak up everything this sweet boy of mine has to give.
some days it makes me sad to think it won't just be the two of us anymore, we have quite the connection.
When i first found out i was pregnant, i was pretty sad that i wouldn't have as much time as i "planned" to give Preston all the attention that i thought he needed from me.
Lately, i linger a little longer rocking preston to sleep. I've never really been one to let preston rock-a-bye, partly because i thought he needed to fall asleep entirely on his own, and partly because he wouldn't let me rock him. Well, he's wised up a bit, and lets us cuddle with him a bit. And even though he's fully capable of falling asleep on his own, most nights i rock him till he's fast asleep. Because i can.
Who knows, things might not change that much for us when baby girl arrives, but i'm not taking my chances.
I'm going to play, make messes, love, cuddle, teach, and be silly with my little guy as much as i can while its just the two of us.
so for three more weeks (+ or -)...were going to be soaking it all up, enjoying life as we know it....

3 comments:

Sammy said...

such a sweet picture! Oh that is so crazy. enjoy this time for sure! that sweet preston is the cutest, can't wait to see baby girl!

melissa said...

Duh. Can he get cuter? What a cheesy smile. What are the chances baby girl is as smily as Preston? I sure hope she is. See you in a few days

Jake & Kris said...

I'm so excited you see ur little lady! Hope all goes well, I look forward to pics!