Sunday, August 24, 2008

mission accomplished...

i did it! yesterday i ran my first half marathon, and pretty much loved every second of it. I ran the Hobble Creek Half Marathon in Springville. it seriously was such a fun race...its right down hobble creek canyon, and it was beautiful, and nice to run cuz there wasnt much uphill, just a gradual decline through the pretty canyon. I was gettin pretty nervous to run it the week of the race, cuz lets be honest, 13.1 miles is kinda far to run at one time, and i had never ran that far in training...but its been something i've been wanting to do, and i did it. I ran it in 1 hour and 42 minutes...which is far better that i hoped (i'm giving that credit to my sports jelly beans, and the fact that it was a relatively downhill/flat course) I placed 10th in my age division which i was so happy about and now, i'm even happier to be done. i sure do have some sore muscles now though, speaking of those muscles, i think i deserve a massage......babe, where are you?

6 comments:

Heather Favre said...

thats.. really intimidating!!!! you are a super star!!! i wish i could think of a famous marathoner cuz i would call you that name.. but i cant. so i guess i will call you meagles!!! the famous marathon runner

Andrea and Eric said...

good job meag! that is so awesome that you did that, i always knew you could! how is the hunting season treating you? are you about ready for a little girls weekend volleyball get-a-way??

linzy said...

You are amazing!!! Keep it up girlie!

linzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharee said...

HOORAY, good job, I just wish I could have been with you. I am proud of you.

Sammy said...

I really am amazed! look at you go! that is so impressive! wow 13.1 miles. amazing, way to go, your my hero!