Monday, August 25, 2008

lets play a little game....

Lets see if you can all guess what these things have in common...


mice....

birds....

bats....

and cats....

well, lets see....they can't all fly, and they can't all walk, some come out and night, and others can be found at all times. so what is it that makes these four things so similar.....

hmmm, well one thing i know is that they have all been found sneakin, flying, pestering, and scaring me to death. YES, thats right, all four of these ridiculously disgusting creatures have been found in my cute little house. I don't know about you, but these creatures don't settle well with me, not even a little bit. But unfortunetley we have had encounters with all of them, except for the mice, but i most certainly know that they are stompin around on my grounds, cuz they don't even think twice about leaving the droppings around my house.


and last night, i was writing in my journal, and chase was gone up at the lodge for the night, i was just mindin my own, havin a moment to myself, when a mosquito or something kept bothering me, so i'd swat at it, and then a few minutes later it would bother me again...then i saw another one out of the corner of my eye, so i swatted again, only to see that it was still there, so i glanced upward, to find a FREAKIN BAT flyin around my bedroom. i don't really think i've ever escaped anything so quickly as i did then. so it was off to the inlaws for a sleepover.


at first i was quite upset because we had cats everywhere, but now, i think i would welcome them into my home if i knew they could take care of my other problems. woof, i just don't know what to do...i think i'm gonna have my house exterminated or something...cuz i just love it and its so cute, but i just get a rotten little taste in my mouth when i find out that i am not the only one living in MY cute little house.

anyways, i'm just praying that this is the last of them. i don't think i could handle one more little "friend" joining me at my cozy home. really i am quite stressed about this situation. any suggestions.

oh, and to all those friends who i really want to come visit me, don't you worry for even a second, i'll get this problem taken care of shortly. haha, i'll just laugh about it until then. hopefully this is the last of this story, cuz i'd sure hate to add another chapter.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found 3 spiders in my house in the last 2 weeks, I freaked out, and had Greenlon come and spray and let off 6 huge bug bombs in my house, I guess it could be worse. So sorry. Hang in there, and great job on the run - Love Nat

melissa said...

meag..i'm so sorry and hope you get that taken care of so i can come visit. at least you can kind of laugh about it.

Kelsey said...

ha ha! that's funny! i can feel for ya though. i've had at least 2 out of the 4 of those in my house recently! and i agree...it is not fun! the mice are the worse!

The Orton's said...

I got Nat beat - I found 7 spiders and set off 13 bug bombs only to come home and find 3 more spiders - all of which were alive and well! I'm so sorry though - I would freak out about the bat.
I wish we would have come to watch you do your run. I totally forgot about it.
By the way - Nat - get your blog going so we can come comment on yours! Love you guys!

Sharee said...

Okay, WHAT THE HECK! Cats and birds I can deal with, but mice and BATS??? Seriuosly i am so sorry for you. I guess you can become the old lady who swallowed the fly, then swallowed the spider to catch the fly... It's good you are chuckling but I know deep inside you are kinda boiling. I wish you were here. I will think of something to help your situation. I really am sorry.

Rebekah said...

Oh my gosh! I would be freaking out! I hate stuff like that...but your post really made me laugh how you introduced it...you should post some pics of your little house...i bet it is darling!
Love, Rebekah

linzy said...

Oh my!! I don't even know what I would do!... Probably have a lot of sleepovers at my in-laws!!

Sammy said...

Oh my gosh! I feel so bad for you, I HATE mice. and BATS!? i can't believe there was one in your house! yikes, i'm sorry, did you guys buy a house? or are you renting one? that is so fun either way, we definitely have to come see and visit, i'm sorry, yikes.

Paige said...

WOW!! That's a little too much to handle! I'm so sorry! Even though you're having an animal control issue right now, I think you should still post pictures of your cute house. I can't wait to see it!

Heather Favre said...

you must befriend the creatures!!! ha ha ha GROSS!!! and i am puuuumppped for friday. yeah i'll be wearing ankle braces and knee pads too.... NOTTTTTT

Brenda said...

Hi Meag, I would freak out too! Grandma Marva found a bat when they lived in our old house, she freaked out, and lost it. They looked and looked only to find it in the Halloween decoration box! Love ya Brenda

The Alspach's said...

We had a little bat friend in our entry way now when I walked in and out of the house I always look up there scared it is going to swoop luckily it found another door way... Just keep the cat beacuse it probably kinning the mice and birds for you! Your house sounds really cute and cozy! We changed our blog to private so email me you email address at jsilver5@mymail.slcc.edu and i will send you an invite!

{our missionaries} said...

Hey- I just remembered my password, so now I don't have to be anonymous. One of these times when you're up, I need a little blog help. I started mine, put my pictures in and there it sits, I don't know how to do anything else. Maybe I'm a little blogilliterate!! Have a great day, love Aunt Nat

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

meag...toughen up...haha. ok i`m totally kidding girly! so how are ya? are you excited to get another neice from lisser? i`m sure you are. Do you have any sympathy pregnancy sickness due to being a twin? haha, kidding again. ok well i just miss you and wanted to say hi...love ya!