Monday, February 7, 2011

1/2 a year.....already!


So, heres the thing....my little baby Preston turned 6 months old yesterday. I'm still baffled by how and when this all happened, but it did. 1/2 of a year old already. somebody freeze time please! I hardly remember what life was like pre-preston. and i am alright with that, because life is pretty darn wonderful now that he's around (not that it was bad before). I know everyone told me how fast time would go once i had my babe, but really...this fast? Changes still occur almost daily. He is getting a fun little personality. I can't imagine life without him.

some things Presto is up to these days...

-He LOVES LOVES to sit up. He started sitting up around 5 mo.(still wobbly) but he's a champ now!

-He is starting into the crawling phases. He can scoot himself across the floor to get something he wants (especially his binky).

-He also loves to stand up and walk around. he has been able to walk while we hold his hands since about 4 months, and he loves it.

-He loves food. Especially grown up food. Whatever i am putting in my mouth, Preston wants in his. It appears that i am starving him because he always wants something in his mouth. He's pretty good with his baby food, but really likes a little chocolate cake or soft popcorn pieces. Pretty much anything really.

-Loves his daddy. Unfortunetly he is M.I.A. for the month of Feb. (this is probably a whole lot harder for the daddi-o than it is for pj.)

-Sleeps pretty awfully! with an occasional decent night.

-Weighs 18 lbs. 10 oz. (went to the doc the other day to get his ears checked, and they weighed him with his little clothes on so its slightly un-official)

-Will smile at pretty much anyone (most of the time)

-Has incredibly fuzzy hair. slightly hard to manage. People will tell me how cute it is, followed by a "do you ever try to put stuff in it to calm it down"....uh yeah, actually, right before we left the house we did. not much will hold it in place. still very adorable.


we kinda like this little boy.

6 comments:

Heather Favre said...

I want to meet your little man! HE'S SO CUTE!

Sharee said...

I absolutley agree. He is sooo cute, soo happy and content. Can't wait to see him again in a few weeks. Love you. Hang in there while Chase is gone.

Jordan & Brooke Brady said...

Uh, if you can figure out how to slow down time, please do tell. Somehow i already have 2 kids....I swear we were just roomies yesterday. Eh.....anyway, he's precious! So cute! Love ya!

Katie said...

he is just the cutest! looks so happy too!!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Such a cute little smile! I love it! Lucy is coming up on 6 months and I still can't figure out how it happened. IT GOES SO FAST!

Sammy said...

so cute, i seriously can't believe they are 6 months old! well actually Violet is 7 months today! YIKES where did time go?!