Thursday, February 17, 2011

stuck....

in philadelphia.


and i'm not very happy about it.




here's the story.....




a few weeks ago i decided to book a ticket to Philly to come see Chase while he is out here working. so i did. with only one stipulation, i had to make it back to boise by Thursday to watch my little sister play in her state basketball tournament. We found the perfect ticket. great. So, Preston and i came out and visited chase, played a few days in philly (and by playing, i mostly mean getting lost because our dumb gps was a piece of crap). but nonetheless, it was/is very nice to be able to spend some time with the husband/daddy since we hadn't seen him in 2+ weeks. sooo, Thursday morning rolls around, we get up super duper early to get to the airport, baby boy wakes up 2.5 hours than the usual due to the hustle and bustle of the airport, go to check in....."no i am not Karin Jones", i tell the workers 3 times as they try to locate my ticket....hmmm, they say "we can't seem to find you in our system, do you happen to have your itinerary"..i sure do, i whip it out, hand it over, only to have the kind worker-man tell me that my ticket is booked for a return date of MARCH 17th, not feb 17th. (the secretary at chase's work booked my ticket....and made a big oops) so, i start having a breakdown, crying more tears than i have cried in quite some time, call my mom at about 4:30 am their time, begging her to find me a ticket home asap. to make the already long story a little shorter, neither my madre, or the united workers could get me on any flights in the next 2 days without costing me a whole arm and a leg (like literally $700-$900 for a one way). so thats that. i'm stuck. can't get back to boise till saturday @ 3 p.m. and even if syd makes it to the championship game, i still miss it. very very frusterating! I am just devestated that i can't be there to watch syd play ball. i have a good feeling abut them this year. ahhh, sigh. but clearly, whats done is done, i should stop whining now. but it kinda does stink just a little.


plus my little boy is sick.

8 comments:

melissa said...

i am so mad for you too. like sick, want to cry with you feeling. so sorry this had to happen. it could have been worse though. you could be stuck there til march 17 for real. think about that one

Chad & Tiff said...

You can watch it live at idahosports.com it's not the same as being there but it's the next best thing

Greg~Chels~Livi~Gracie said...

Bummer Meag!! I'm so sorry! I wish you were stuck in Utah and we could hang out. Sorry that Preston is sick too! That's no fun!!

Sammy said...

That sounds horrible! Oh meag I'm so sorry, and to top it all off he's sick? I'm sorry, Vi has been sick and it really is the worst, you just feel so bad for them cause they don't get whats going on, poor little babes. Hope you have a good time the rest of the time even though you'll be stuck there! You are sch a trooper

Katie said...

so sad meag..i can't imagine how sad you are. I hope you have a good time being stuck there!!hope the kiddo gets feeling better!

Rebekah said...

such a nightmare! talk about a big oops!! im so sorry :(
love, Rebekah

linzy said...

oh meag. how disappointing! so sorry! hope it ends up being okay.

Paige said...

someone better be getting FIRED! haha just kidding. But seriously, I'm sorry! that sucks soooo bad. i hate that frustrated feeling where you just want to cry and throw a fit. i hope you enjoy the rest of your trip somewhat. love ya!