Wednesday, March 30, 2011

essentials

i have contemplated doing a small little series of posts of some of my favorite things. I used to have a "favorites list" in which everything that i found wonderful was written down so that when i was feeling like nothing was wonderful in my life i could turn to this list and rejoice in all the little things that brought me happiness. I loved that list. i should go searching for it. i may or may not have gotten a little bit of grief for this list, because it was large, and it was thought that i had TOO many favorites. is that so? well, i still have lots of favorites. today i am going to share with you a few of those, and maybe next week i'll share some more, and so on and so on.

today we'll focus on some of my beauty favorites. the cool thing about all of these is that my mom introduced me to all of them. i'm afraid she's slightly addicted to QVC, and because of that she tries out alot of beauty products, then she is kind enough to gift me with her favorites, which then in turn, become my favorites. thanks mom.

1. let me introduce you to moroccan oil. have you met? you should. This little bottle of heaven, makes my hair feel like, well heaven. smooth, silky, and shiny. really it does the trick when my used to be blonde hair got looking like straw and when blow-dried-too-many-times hair needs a pick me up. this does the job. just a little oil on my wet or dry hair leaves me feeling like i just left the salon. oh, how i love that feeling. 2. The lovely Purity by philosophy. put simply this is the most gently face cleanser i have ever used. I have pretty decent skin (knock on wood) and so with that, i really hate to wash my face. (my esthetician sister in law should be very disappointed in me) but..i do. I always have. until this gem entered my life. I'm still not perfect at it. In fact, most nights i'd rather sleep than wash my face, but when i do, my skin thanks me...so i have a large jug of this stuff that stays in my shower and i love it. but the jar is almost empty, and that is no bueno. It really is pure. and wonderful and leaves my skin feeling refreshed every time.

3. Oh this makeup. what would i do with out you? i have been a faithful user of bare minerals makeup for about 8 or so years. and i still love it as much as i did the first time i used. probably more actually. sometime i wonder if i should venture out there and try something different, but then i'm drawn back in. I am in love with their foundation. especially their new matte finish. and don't even get me started on the summer bisque, its an amazing concealer. i feel naked if i leave the house without the foundation on my face, and i rarely if ever do leave the house without it. slightly vain about it, i know, but i am. and then there are their eyeshadows. oh how i love them. i might have 20 too many. they stay on, and the variety of colors that they offer is awesome. not to mention they last almost an eternity (that's why i have so many of them). I have heard that mac eyeshadows are wonderful as well...so maybe i should give them a try. but for now i am sold on these babies.



do tell, what are your favorite beauty products that i should try and add to my favorites list?

8 comments:

melissa said...

duh. i have totally been wanting to do a list of my own and now i cant cause that would be weird. but yes. love all of these. thank you mother

Katie said...

great idea meag! I look forward to your other "favorites". I have always wanted to try bare minerals..where do you usually buy it from?? One of my all time fav shampoo/conditioners is Pureology Essential..hurts the bank acct but it is amazing!!

Sammy said...

HOW FUN! I was thinking about doing a favorite maternity and baby list, it's always fun to see lists like this! Oh I would love to try out all of these products, so are they all from QVC? i'll have to do some research and see what i can find. great tips, i want to try them all! I am SO just like you, i HATE washing my face, i hardly wear makeup anymore JUST so I don't have to wash it ha ha but i'll have to try that out! My favorite new product is Norwex washcloths. have you heard of it? AMAZING! you just use this washcloth and water and bam! your face is clean and no more makeup, amazing. that's the only way i'll wash my face anymore

tara said...

Hey Meagan! Great list and I want to try the moroccan oil, so you gotta tell us where we can pick up this stuff!!

Paige said...

oh how i wish i was one of those people that didn't have to wash their face. I CANNOT stand to go to bed with make up on and if I fall asleep with it on I will get out of bed and go wash it. it's annoying. I've heard about the moroccan oil but I've never used it. I have super dry hair so maybe this is just what I need.

K, I need to try bare minerals again. I started using mac foundation and it makes me break out soooo bad. (they eyeshadows really are amazing. :) Thanks for the reminder about bare minerals. I think I will order me some right now! :)

Wilsons said...

I used to use bare minerals, which I totally LOVED, then my friend Lieren Pearson (married to Chandler Pearson)introduced me to Jane Iredale. WOW. I use the Amazing Base loose powder, as well as the Disappear Concealer DAILY. I have been using it for almost 2 years now. I am addicted. Lieren is an esthetician, her mom owns a skin intsitute in st. george. What I love about this makeup is that its completely chemical free. Someone who goes to have a surgical peel or something crazy done can use this makeup the very next day! Its worked great for me. Also, the hairline products called UNITE are WONDERFUL! I used them in a salon I worked at. Lots of great fun things that smell AMAZING. Try these out, see what you think. Wow..long comment haha

Heather Favre said...

I am obsessed with Moraccan Oil!!! Holy crap its the best!

Whitney Ormsby said...

ok im going to have to try the Moraccan oil!! And the bare minerals makeup ive always wanted to try it but want to use up the makeup i have know and never seem to get it when its done!