Sunday, May 8, 2011

9 months



Can you believe it? i sure can't. he's been out as long as he was in. kinda strange to think of it. I've enjoyed the second 9 months a whole lot more than the first. Preston is such a joy. We love him more than we ever imagined we could. and each day, we love him more than the one before. Here are some things the little Presto-boy is up to these days.

-He loves balls. he starts yelling and kicking his legs every time he see's one, especially my big exercise ball.

-He loves his Grandmas. He cries when they leave the room that he is in. I think they like that.

-Loves to read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See"

-Stands all by himself and is getting so much better at it each day. He can ever go from sitting to standing straight up all by himself.

-Has learned that he can spit his food out when he doesn't like it, and he doesn't just do it politely, he spits it all over the plays.

-He loves to go swimming. He has the same reaction to the pool that he does to balls.

-He weighs 21 lbs. 11 oz (70%) 29 inches long (76%) Head 44%.

-Sleeps through the night.

-Still nurses 3 times a day (morning, afternoon, bedtime)

-Is like a garbage disposal, he will eat almost any food i put in his mouth....particularly finger foods that i feed him or he can pick up.

-Cheese and yogurt are his favorite. He has a bowl of oatmeal every morning and loves that too.

-He is the worlds.worst.snuggler. he refuses to snuggle. There has been a rare rare moment right before bed that he will fall asleep in my arms if he is either too tired or fell asleep nursing. its sad really. i try really hard. but he is stubborn, and way too busy to cuddle.

-can say mama.

-continues to be the busiest little body on earth. no lie. Even his doctor couldn't believe how insanly busy he is. He won't sit still for anything. possible case of A.D.D

-Has found that he likes to be tickled. for about 2.2 seconds he will allow someone to tickle him, then he's off to the next.




With that, it is my first official mothers day. So blessed to have preston in my life. He makes me so happy every single day. he just gave me the slobberiest mothers day kiss of my life, but i'll take it, because kisses are far and few between. I am grateful for all the wonderful examples of motherhood that i have around me. especially my mom.

My sister just did a post on motherhood, that i love. she is a great mom. It relates to how i feel as well, she is just better with her words. check it out here

Happy mothers day
and
Happy 9 months my sweet little boy.

1 comment:

Sammy said...

so cute! what a big sweet boy he is such a busy thing thats great he's standing by himself! So impressive. happy mother's day!