Saturday, May 5, 2012

pinner & doer

 This post is all things pinterest. some good & others better. I LOVE pinterest. i kinda thought that after a little while that i would get tired of it, like most other online things. but no, that has not occured yet..and i don't see it happening anytime in the near future.
 Most of my pinterest projects have something to do with food.....treats, dinners, appetizer, snacks. I just wanted to share the likes and dislikes of my pinterest projects....


Chocolate Buttercream frosting: easy & delicious. I will totally make this again to frost a cake or yummy cupcakes

Parmesan Baked Potato Halves: These were a fabulous substitute for boring baked potatoes, we topped ours with sour cream & called it good. I love the crispy-ness that they got from baking in the butter & parmesan cheese (sounds healthy, right?) but really, they were really good.

30 minute rolls: I had a hard time believing that i could make rolls from start to finish in 30 minutes, but i can. I however let mine raise for a little longer so all in all it took a little over 30 minutes. but still incredibly fast for a yeast roll. these were good, not great. a little dense & heavy for me, i am all for a really fluffy roll, and these were not that. but i will probably make them again just because they are quick and easy & i love a little bread with my dinner.
Poppyseed Chicken Casserole:  This casserole was certainly nothing special, but it was still good. I don't think i got any comments from Chase on this one, but he did clean up the dish. I didn't have ritz crackers to sprinkle on top so i used bran flakes instead. It came together quickly, which is always a plus in my book. This was good, but not great.

Honey BBQ Meatloaf:  yummy. it was definetely a new twist on normal meatloaf with the bbq flavor, but we really liked it, or we were just really hungry. either way, i'll keep this recipe on hand a most likely make it again when meatloaf makes its way back onto the menu.
Broccoli Quinoa Casserole: LOVED it. I am a HUGE quinoa fan & i loved switching up the rice for quinoa in this recipe. I added chicken to mine for some extra protien (and because the hubs likes his meat) and it was fabulous. a definate do-again.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares: whoa, thats a mouthful to say isn't it? it also tastes pretty good too. We love oatmeal at our house, but sometimes i crave a little switch up to the regular oatmeal, brown sugar & milk combo. enter this recipe...unfortunetely it almost tasted more like a dessert that breakfast (is that unfortunate or not?) but it kinda made me feel like i should stop at just one. I accidentally under-cooked mine, but they were still good & chase & preston gobbled them up.
Peanut Butter/Chocolate Cookies: Now seriously speaking, i could stop right here with this cookie & never make another thing in my life besides this little bit of heaven. I am obsessed with this cookie. Everytime i make them (which is too often) i text Lis and tell her she has to make them RIGHT NOW, but she hasn't, and she is missing out. they are that good....oh boy, i hope i am not talking them up too much. but really, they are perfectly soft and not too peanut-buttery. I have never drizzled mine the way she drizzled hers so perfectly, instead i add a cup or two of chocolate chips & call it good. obviously you can tell this recipe is a keeper.

Delicious Dinner Rolls: Okay, i lied, i can't live on just PB cookies alone, but I CAN live on these rolls & PB cookies together. perfect combination right, carbs and more carbs...(i really am a fairly healthy eater, i promise). These rolls have been made several times in our house. They are easy-peasy & oh so good. I am by no means a great cook, but these have turned out perfectly everytime i've made them. i love making a batch or half batch when i have/get to take dinner to someone. half for them & half for me us. i highly reccomend them....my grandma even thought my mom made these when i made them for claire's blessing....now that was a compliment.

Basil Chicken in Coconut Curry Sauce: Yes, please!! simply put, Chase keeps asking for this & even suggested i make it & invite his parents over for dinner...yikes.

Chicken Pot Pie: The other night i knew i wanted to make chicken pot pie for dinner, but wanted a switch up on the recipe i usually use. This used cream cheese and chicken broth for the sauce & while it was good it lacked a little something, which i am still not sure what that was. so i might make this again but try making some alterations to it.

Maxi Skirt: oh my beloved maxi skirt. I had been eying for quite some time, and when we booked tickets to mexico i knew i needed it by them. the tuturiol says she whipped it up in one naptime....i was quite skeptical about that since 1- i am not a good sewer & 2- Preston typically takes the worlds shortest nap for a 1 1/2 year old. But i was proven wrong. start to finish in one naptime. I have worn it probably too many times in the last 2 1/2 weeks since i've made it. That means it time to hit the fabric store for more cute knit to lounge in or wear out on a date. Isn't that awesome that one piece of clothing can be that functional.

Cinnamon Struesal Dessert Pizza: Alright, i took a little break from food, but i'm back. Only to share with you the yummiest little treat ever. I made this last night for dinner, well not for dinner, but to accompany dinner & it was a hit. I used homeade pizza dough instead of store bought which made it quite delightful. I will probably end up making this once a week to go with weekly pizza night. Infact, i might make it again right now to take to a party. so easy and sooooo good. (insert) i did make this for a party last night & it was a hit. i love it because i always have these ingredients on hand.

 Popped Quinoa: hmmm, kind of an in-betweener right here. It was good, but if you know how small quinoa is, then picture this maybe double the pre-popped size. so really, it was difficult to eat. you literally had to lick your fingers and dip it in the popped quinoa to get some. i personally didn't enjoy that feature, but Preston LOVED it! but the blog that i found it on suggested popping it and then having it on hand to throw onto your oatmeal or something for added crunch. I didn't try that, but i like the sound of it, so i will probably try it out again later.


thats it, for now at least. again i love, love, love, pinterest and am quite pleased with how tried and true most things are found on pinterest. Most likely i will have a "take two" on this post. 

what favorite things have you tried out from pinterest. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

Sammy said...

what a great post! Seriously I repinned everything on here you raved about, can't wait to try them! YUM. I might just have to copy you one day and do this, it's always good to see what people have tried on pinterest and what has worked out for them. I can't believe how great of a cook you are! To make dinner like this with 2 kiddos man! But can't wait to try these out.
I got my maxi skirt at old navy and i LITERALLY have worn it probably 17 out of the 20 days since I got it.(yes I have washed it ha ha) I change out of it once I get home so that i don't get it dirty, but pretty much any time I leave the house, I'm wearing this. I might just need to make one or find another so I don't ruin this one! but seriously they are AMAZING.
Thanks for the comment by the way, it was so nice, I hope people don't think i'm a freak ha ha but some things just had to be said! I just hate feeling so judged on how I parent sometimes you know? anyway, thanks again and for your advice! Love ya:)

Des said...

favorite. post. ever. I think every blogger should HAVE to do this. I love, love your little critiques. This is my new favorite soup found on pinterest: http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2012/01/spinach-lemon-orzo-soup/
super good. company worthy. Idaho windy days worthy.
miss you.

Teandra said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I've pinned a few of those. I tried this recipe tonight and it's amazing! http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/asian-chicken-and-ramen-noodles/726ebf62-734c-429e-8e7f-bb2cc26919f3

Brenda said...

Love you!!! Love your post!!! Love pinterest too!!!

Rebekah said...

Thanks for sharing all these great things, I loved it! I already printed off two of your recipes to try, and read up on that maxi skirt...I will have to let you know if I am brave enough to tackle it, LOL!! And I cant handle that birds next in your wreath, so darling!!!
love, Rebekah