Friday, May 4, 2012

why hello there little birdies....

 yes, that is my front door....

yes, that is a perfectly constructed birds-nest inside my wreath....

 and yes, those are 2 adorable baby bird eggs, in the most beautiful shade of blue.

did i mention that that was on my front door. be cautious when knocking on my door, i'm afraid a certain over-protective baby-bird-mama might be on the watch. i've never come face-to-face with a bird, nor do i intend to. but right now, i'm a little unsure of how to handle this situation----destroy the nest, remove it from my wreath, or let the cute birdies hatch & watch preston adore them??

how did i not see this nest making occuring in the last week that i've been walking in and out of my front door?

3 comments:

Sammy said...

oh my gosh! So sweet, those eggs are so tiny and cute and the nest is SO PERFECT! looks fake! so cute, man I wouldn't know what to do! I guess let them stay and hang out and hatch! They'll be so cute to see, but yes definitely beware of the mama bird!

Des said...

unbelievable! We left town once for a week and came home to bird nests EVERYWHERE. In the driveway, 2 in my hanging baskets. Leave them there. They are gone so soon. And it's like a little pet.

Mom of the pack said...

You may have to be like the forest service and put up a sign that says, "Birds Nesting...use back door!" Very sweet...so long as they aren't swallows who will dive bomb you whenever you go out. But don't worry, swallow eggs are a speckled tan. Have fun with your new pets! Shelley