Friday, October 3, 2008

its been a while

i need to apologize for my lack of blogging lately. We don't have the internet at our house right now, and although i could do it at work, or after work, i just seem to want to go home after work, or i've got volleyball practice...so i just haven't. lucky for you though....you haven't missed out on much in my life as of lately. i just usually wake up, go to exercise, go to work, go to volleyball, go home and go to bed....pretty much everyday this is what i do. i sure do miss having Chase around...i feel lucky if he comes home 2-3 nights a week. (gotta love hunting season..)
But we have managed to fit a few fun things in...so here they are...
















A couple of weeks ago, some of Chase's Family friends came to Salt Lake. Their Dad sponsors a race car team...and so we thought it would be fun to go see what goes on at these race. The race was 7 hours long...which was crazy to me, but it was really fun to watch. The car that we are standing in front of (which is the one they sponsor) got second place. So it was really fun for me to get to know the Salvo Family a little more, and spend the day with them.
But the best part of it all was that Patrick Dempsey was there, he was racing one of the cars...he is however, a much better actor that a race car driver, but i pretty much rubbed shoulders with him. We had passes to go down in the pits with all the drivers, and i walked literally right by him. he's gorgeous, but unfortunetly short (like the majority of hollywood stars). anyways, i was quite happy all day about that.


















*unfortunetly, i don't have any more pictures to post at this time, but I did paint some rooms in my house this week, (thanks mom and jana for helping me) so i promise pictures to follow of that.
*I got called to serve in the Young Womens, which i am so excited about. I am the Beehive Advisor. Chase got called to be the 1st counselor in the Young Mens, He will do an amazing job teaching those young men all that they need to know to be strong in this ever so wicked world.
*And also, My girls had a volleyball game last night, and they did AWESOME, however, they didn't win....its ok. I was so proud of them!
Things are lookin up.

Well, i'm off to my parents for the weekend (i love general conference weekend @ my parents)

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

i can't imagine, that must be so hard not having your man to fall asleep next too...only 2-3 nights a week? Do the animals he hunts only come out at night? that is so cool that you walked by patrick dempsey...you will never forget it!
love, rebekah

Sammy said...

That really is so sad! I can't imagine how it would be to not see my hubby everyday! We JUST had our first night apart on friday, I hated it! ha ha And wow, Mcdreamy is a babe! how fun, well we can't wait to see you guys again, we'll have to come up once the hunting season is over and play. Hang in there!

Dustybottoms said...

He must be a good husband that you miss him while he is gone! At least you do miss him... some wives would be glad to have their husbands gone! It just tells you how much you do love him!! Hunting season is ALMOST over!! You can do it girlie!!! Looks like you did have a fun weekend!

Katie said...

Hunting season..always a joy! I hope you're doing good..it sounds like you're staying super busy so that's good! Quick question..I'm thinking about doing the half-marathon in Salt Lake in April..I'm a bit nervous but I want to do it..so how do I train Miss Runner!!? HELP!